Mr. & Mrs. Elden V. & Edith LaHayne
A tradition began in 1935 with Earl and Luella Snyder who opened Snyder Funeral Home at the Corner of Sibley and Jesse near downtown Hammond, Indiana. Five years later in 1940, they moved into their building at 5746 Hohman Avenue. In September 1950, Elden V. LaHayne became an employee of Snyder Funeral Home. On January 2, 1965 he and his wife Edith purchased the business and property from the Snyder's, then changing the name to Snyder-LaHayne Funeral Home. Their son Elden B. LaHayne joined the firm in October, 1970. The name was changed to LaHayne Funeral Home in 1979. Elden V., Edith, Elden B. and his wife Mary Anne incorporated the business in January 1981. On April 10, 1994 the LaHayne's purchased the business and property of Dalton and Son Funeral Home, a business started in 1925, which is located at 6955 Southeastern Avenue. Hammond, Indiana 46324. The family operated both locations until January 1, 2001 when the Hohman Avenue facility was closed. In 2010, David and Judy Ruzich purchased the business and property from Elden and Mary Anne LaHayne. In 2020, Ray and Rachelle White purchased the business and property from Judy Ruzich and Melissa Ruzich-Tiller.
The original Funeral Home 5746 Hohman Avenue. Hammond, In